Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas features spectacular water adventures, enormous aquariums, stunning marine exhibits, live entertainment, a bustling casino, and exquisite sandy beaches. True to its name, Paradise Island promises you a fabulous time. And, speaking from experience, the place is a true treat. Harper had her second birthday in Atlantis, and it was one of the best family vacations we’ve ever had.
If exploring Atlantis in the Bahamas is on your bucket list, here are some information and tips to help you have the best time possible on your Caribbean holiday.
To and From the Resort
Complimentary private airport transfers are sometimes included in Atlantis Resort package deals. For a fee, you may also arrange an airport shuttle via the resort. Although it may cost you more, doing this ensures you will have a ride available.
Another option is to take a cab from the airport. The cab rates are regulated, and travel time takes roughly 30 minutes.
Hotels and Accommodations in Atlantis Bahamas
We stayed at the Royal Tower Hotel, but most of the hotels in Atlantis are great for families, so if you’re traveling with kids, you’ll have a lot of choices.
The Royal: The Icon of Atlantis
The Royal is the hive of Atlantis’ activities. Its central location provides easy access to all things Atlantis. It houses the Lost City of Atlantis, Aquaventure Park, The Dig, Ruins Lagoon, and the Atlantis Casino, among others.
We booked an adjoining junior suite (we were a party of six) at the Royal Tower. Our spacious rooms were newly renovated and had a magnificent ocean view.
The Cove: Luxury Redefined
The Cove is a visceral haven perfect for couples seeking Bahamian opulence. It is situated between two exclusive beaches and its luxurious suites have French or full balconies. An adults-only pool (open to 18 years old and above) with 20 private cabanas, outdoor dining, and entertainment is exclusive to The Cove.
The Reef: Home Away from Home
The Reef is a residential-style tower with various studios and suites with fully equipped kitchens and kitchenettes. It provides all the amenities of a five-star Caribbean hotel while maintaining a home-away-from-home vibe. Additionally, guests may use a private pool and exclusive access to Paradise Beach.
The Coral: For the Whole Family
The Coral is fantastic for family fun and enjoyment. It’s home to the popular teen nightclub CRUSH and the ice cream parlor Sun & Ice. It offers economical, big rooms and suites near enough Aquaventure and the various lagoons in the resort’s vicinity.
Harborside Resort: Secluded Island Living
Harborside Resort is a beachfront property outside of Atlantis ideal for large families and groups. It offers one- to three-bedroom villas with full kitchens and laundry service.
Although not all-inclusive, Atlantis Bahamas offers a meal plan. The Atlantis Dining Plan is the best way to get the most for your money while taking advantage of the resort’s wide range of restaurants. Kids who are six years or under eat free when an adult meal plan is booked.
Atlantis offers a fantastic dining experience and gastronomic adventure. Booking is strongly encouraged. You can make dinner reservations even before arriving at Atlantis. The resort also offers a pastry shop that can create cakes for special events like birthdays and anniversaries. Harper enjoyed a two-tier Mickey Mouse cake when we dined at Nobu for her birthday.
The dining options in Atlantis Bahamas include:
- Celebrity chef restaurants (Fish by Jose Andres, Nobu, Olives by Todd English).
- Fine dining (Cafe Martinique, Seafire Steakhouse, Chop Stix).
- Casual dining (Carmine’s, Frankie Gone Bananas, Lagoon Bar & Grill, and more).
- Quick bites (Murray’s, Pita, McKenzie’s Conch Shack, and more).
Things to Do in Atlantis Bahamas
There is a vast list of things to do in Atlantis Bahamas. It would be best if you had weeks worth of vacation to try them all. But, the most popular and must-do activities are:
- Aquaventure Waterpark – enjoy two river rides: The Lazy River for a scenic, family-friendly ride, and The Current for extreme waves and rapids
- The Dig – get up close and personal with 250+ species of fish
- Stringray Lagoon – watch, pet, and interact with graceful stingrays
- Dolphin Cay – explore an 11-acre lagoon, seven interconnected pools, a sea lion center, and an animal-rescue hospital
- Atlantis Bahamas Marina Village – shop at luxurious jewelry stores and high-end clothing boutiques, and dine at fine dining restaurants and quirky ice cream shops
You can always relax at the beach, swim in a new pool every day, play golf, get spoiled at the Mandara Spa, have fun at the casino, watch a live event, see a movie at the theater, snorkel, and do other enjoyable things outside of the Atlantis. Speaking of which, I highly recommend eating at Oh Sandros and Twin Brothers Steakhouse at Nassau.
- Download or print the Atlantis Bahamas map.
- Take advantage of the free shuttle.
- Check with your cellphone provider before traveling to the Bahamas.
- Remember that mandatory gratuity is levied and applied to your bill at the time of checkout.
- Check the travel advisory before booking anything.
Book A Room Now at Atlantis Bahamas
Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas promises fun, and it more than delivers. My family and I had so much fun celebrating in Atlantis Bahamas that I’d want you to have the same experience. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you need any further information about the resort.